30 day Gratitude Challenge – follow up
In the beginning of November, I posted a 30 day gratitude challenge on the blog. I have spent the past month writing down the answers to the questions I posted and below you can see my answers.
Did you also follow the 30 day challenge? I would love to hear your thoughts on what focusing a little on gratitude every day did for you.
I fill in my Five Minute journal every day ( see previous blogpost here about the five minute journal), so I was already in a habit of being mindful, of the small things to be grateful for every day but it was still fun for me to do this challenge. You really can’t have too much gratitude in a day:)
Below are the questions and answer of the 30 gratitude challenge:
- What scents are you grateful for today Lavender to calm me
- What technology are you grateful for My mobile phone
- What colours are you grateful for The new beautiful colour we painted in our dinning room.
- What food are you grateful for The still warm out of the oven croissant I enjoyed with my cappuccino this morning at a local cafe
- What sound are you grateful for The sound of birds singing outside my window
- What in nature are you grateful for The magnificent trees in the park I walk through across from my house
- What memory are you grateful for First time my children said I love you mommy
- What book are you most grateful for Huckleberry Finn
- What place are you most grateful for My home
- What holiday are you grateful for Christmas is my favorite Holiday
- Which person are you grateful for My family
- What texture are you grateful for The cashmere sweater I am wearing today to stay warm
- What abilities are you grateful for My ability to enjoy my own company
- What season are you grateful for I love all seasons but Fall is my favorite of all.
- What drink are you grateful for Ohh that’s obvious…COFFEE
- What knowledge are you grateful for The wisdom taught to me through my Yin yoga teacher training. It has changed the way I see life
- What piece of art are you grateful for The beautiful painitng recently given to me by Thomas McDonald
- What song are you most grateful for La Boheme by Puccini Act 1: Che gelida manina
- What fairytale are you grateful for The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
- What tradition are you grateful for All our traditions surrounding Christmas are special to my heart.
- What moment of this week are you most grateful for Laughing with my children
- What small thing that you do daily are you most grateful for My yin yoga and meditation practice
- What talent/skill that you have are you grateful for My ability to read people and understand what moves them
- What moment this year have you been most grateful for Completing my first Yin yoga Teacher training
- What friend are you grateful for My oldest friend Louise who has been with me since the 3rd We don’t see each other very often but she is always there.
- What childhood memory are you grateful for Iceskating
- What hobby or sport are you grateful for I don’t really have a hobby and Yin yoga isn’t a sport. I guess I like the time I spend colouring in the pretty colouring books I have for adults
- What present you have been given are you most grateful for The gift of my children and if it is a material thing the painting given to me by my friend Thomas McDonald
- What part of your neighbourhood are you grateful for The university garden/park across from my house. It is beautiful in all seasons.
- What about yourself are you grateful for today That I refuse to give up my recovery from generalized anxiety disorder. It is a daily struggle but I will get better and I am getting better every day when I practice my Yin yoga and meditation and focus on all the things I have to be grateful for.