Autumn is my absolute favorite season
Autumn is my absolute favorite season. I am so privileged that I live in Denmark where we have all 4 seasons to enjoy and all are beautiful in their own way but autumn is my favorit. Autumn shows us how beautiful it is to let things go. F. Scott Fitzgerald said ”Life starts over again when it gets crisp in the fall”.
Autumn for me is the season to find contentment at home by paying attention to what we already have.
” I notice that Autumn is more the season of the soul than of nature” said Friedrich Nietzsche
Top 10 things I will do this autumn
- Collect chestnuts with my kids in the local parks and streets where we live
- Enjoy a pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks to go while I walk around enjoying the cooler weather and a big sweater
- Make a pinterest board with lots of hearty warming soups to prepare and enjoy all through the colder months ahead
- Prepare the kitchen for the increased baking activity that comes with staying inside more. Especially at Christmas time we bake a lot of cookies and treats for family and friends
- Buy pumpkins to carve and decorate in time for Halloween. We don’t have a garden but we love placing the pumpkins on our balconies and light them at night – so cosy
- Clean the windows so everything seems brighter and are ready for the christmas decorations to come up in a couple of months
- Stomp on fallen leaves and play around with them in the park with the kids
- Pick apples on my dads farm and make loads chutney, pies, apple juice and many other apple related recipes
- Stroll around my beautiful neighborhoods at dusk breathing in the crisp air
- Read a good book while drinking tea, preferably while it’s raining outside
What are your plans for this fall? Do you have any traditions or family recipes you would like to share